Saturday, August 24, 2013

Geek Kon - Instant Classic Con Report

High light: A great local con that continues to grow out of its anime con roots to provide fun to geeks of all stripes.

Low light: Geek Kon's move to the week after Gen Con got a lot of "I'd love to go, but I'm broke/tired/sick" response from people who normally would have gone.

Best experience: Being on four panels and getting to talk about Firefly, Star Wars, Shadowrun and tabletop RPGs as if I were an expert on these subjects.

Worst experience: Only doing fly-bys of most of my Madison peeps.

Best bargain (had to buy it, no freebies): The only thing I bought at the show was Sentinels of the Multiverse, but Pegasus Games had it on sale.

Best Freebie: Two words: per diem. 

Most welcome surprise: Spending time with my Madison friends.

Most unwelcome surprise: Dashing off to panels instead of spending time with my Madison friends.

Best costume: As much as steampunk feels played out, there were some good examples here.

Best costume try: Doctor Who costumes are quickly becoming the Jedi robes of the decade.

Stuff bought:
Sentinels of the Multiverse

Stuff got for free:
Guest of honor badge

Best Quote:
"I can't believe I just made a room full of people laugh at a joke about lung cancer."

No comments:

Post a Comment